The Stable channel has been updated to 37.0.2062.119 (Platform version: 5978.80.0/5978.81.0) for all Chrome OS devices except Acer C7 Chromebook, Samsung Chromebook Series 5 and HP Pavilion Chromebook . This build contains a number of bug fixes, security updates and feature enhancements. Systems will be receiving updates over the next several days. Here is a list of Chromium changes.
Some highlights of these changes are:
- Multi Sign in support - Easily use multiple accounts with your Chrome Device
- New “App info” view in the Chrome launcher
- Settings appear in a window, not tab
- Save to Google Drive in Incognito mode
- Client Certificate Management for organizations using the chrome.enterprise.platformKeys API
- Managed Bookmarks - Push and manage bookmarks for your organization
Security Fixes and RewardsNote: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
Below, we highlight fixes that were either contributed by external researchers or particularly interesting. Please see the Chromium security page for more information.
- [$30000] Critical CVE-2014-3176, CVE-2014-3177: A special reward to lokihardt@asrt for a combination of bugs in V8, IPC, sync, and extensions that can lead to remote code execution outside of the sandbox.
- [$1500] Medium CVE-2014-3172: Issue related to extension debugging. Credit to Eli Grey.
If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our forum or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue...’ in the Chrome menu (3 horizontal bars in the upper right corner of the browser).
Josafat GarciaGoogle Chrome