Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Stable Channel Update



The Stable Channel has been updated to 36.0.1985.143 for Windows, Mac and Linux.

This release contains a Flash Player update.

Security Fixes and Rewards
This update includes 12 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were either contributed by external researchers or particularly interesting. Please see the Chromium security page for more information.

[$2000][390174] High CVE-2014-3165: Use-after-free in web sockets. Credit to Collin Payne.
[398925] High CVE-2014-3166: Information disclosure in SPDY. Credit to Antoine Delignat-Lavaud.

As usual, our ongoing internal security work responsible for a wide range of fixes:
  • [400950] CVE-2014-3167: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
Many of the above bugs were detected using AddressSanitizer.

This release fixes a number of crashes and other bugs. A full list of changes is available in the SVN log. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Matthew Yuan
Google Chrome

7 comments:

Peter said...

Thank you very much for the prompt release in line with MS and Adobe updates! Makes updating corporate images much easier.

Ramamoorthy .S said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris Aalid said...

I have a serious bug - random webpages are causing Chrome stable on 10.9.4 (Mac OSX) to hang completely and crash the browser, forcing me to Force Quit.

I've cleared everything, even Library, System Cache, etc. Nothing works! A tab will hang and all other tabs will freeze - no mouseovers, nothing!

Please look into this.

Dan said...

This update has hi-jacked my play/pause button on the keyboard.

Works perfectly in Play Music but does nothing in iTunes now!

How can I disable this?

olhptr said...

Hi!

I use Google Chrome 36.0.1985.143 m x86 on Windows 8.1 Pro, August Update (Update 2). I noticed that Chrome always notifies me that I should restart my browser because of a browser update. I do that, but after that the message doesn't disappeared from chrome://chrome/

(But the update was successful.)

This phenomenon occurred earlier too. I uninstalled Google Chrome and these folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Google\
Unfortunately, the situation is the same after I reinstall application.

What should I do to remove Google Chrome notification from chrome://chrome/ ?

I attached an image too.
http://i.stack.imgur.com/8Ig3L.png

Thanks in advance, Peter

Ruthee Morris said...

My browser folders have actually been combined, and many deleted in one of the chrome updates I have received. I am using 36.0.1985.143 (Official Build 287914) m.
I would like to at least try uninstalling chrome to deal with the issue, but whether I have closed all windows as I am told to do, I am prompted that I must close all chrome windows including those in windows 8 mode (which I never use). Suggestions, please!

Linh said...

is this new version for Mac OS (36.0.1985.143) 64-bit or is this still 32-bit?