Monday, July 21, 2014

Stable Channel Update for Chrome OS

The Stable channel has been updated to 36.0.1985.126 for the devices listed below:
  • 5841.73.0 for CR48, Acer AC700, Acer C7 C710, ASUS Chromebook C200, ASUS Chromebox, Lenovo N20 Chromebook, Lenovo Thinkpad 11e Chromebook, Lenovo X131e, LG Chromebase, Samsung Series 3 Chromebook, Samsung Series 5 Chromebook, Samsung Chromebook 2 (11"), Samsung Chromebook 2 (13"), and the New Samsung Chromebook
  • 5841.74.0 for the Acer C720, Dell Chromebook 11 for Education and the Toshiba Chromebook
  • 5841.76.0 for Google Pixel and the Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook 
This build contains a number of bug fixes, security updates and feature enhancements. Systems will be receiving updates over the next several days. Here is a list of Chromium changes.

Some highlights of these changes are: 
  • Users can adjust time if their clock is out of sync and they have no network connection 
  • The on-screen keyboard to support IMEs 
  • We launched a touch-enabled window manager for Chrome OS available on select convertible devices
  • Supervised users: ability to import existing supervised users, and to set a new password from chrome.com/manage
  • If you have a touch-enabled device, you can now scale a webpage to zoom in on content via pinch to zoom
If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our forum or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue...’ in the Chrome menu (3 horizontal bars in the upper right corner of the browser).

Ben Henry
Google Chrome

15 comments:

Charles Spivak said...

Why no support for HP models?

Tom Rodman said...

Exactly... It's as if they forgot about the HPs?

Glendo B. said...

There's a delay in wifi connecting when coming out of sleep. Before as soon as I opened my Samsung Chromebook it would connect to wifi immediately. Now since this update it takes a few seconds or so after opening before it actually connects to wifi.

acai said...

Can't input password once sign out. Acer c710. Lost count how many times done the power wash after the stable channel update. Not impressed.

aradhana nigam said...

It is good article. It gives good information about Chrome a search engine. It is helpful for those who use internet much but did not had enough information.
Get Latest News For Education

Laurent Bristiel said...

I have a Jenkins web site that does not render properly since I upgraded from version 35 to 36: https://builds.forgerock.org

There seems to be a problem with this font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, sans serif
because if I change to another one, rendering is OK.

Do you have idea where the problem could come from?

For information, I am using Mac OS X Maverick.

ChrisF said...

No update for the Samsung Chromebox?

JoAnn said...

I just got this update this morning (36.0.1985.126) on my HP11. Why is everyone whining that it's not on HP?

JayBee said...

This update is horrid. When/if I dont get a white screen when loading a webpage it takes twice as long as previous version. I have to go into aa text box multiple times to get the keyboard to come up.

Main issue is it stops loading pages and freezes on a blank screen. The only way to fix it is by starting again in a new tab.

Using an s3. Android version 4.3

Gary Clark said...

The ability to disable the TouchPad would be a welcomed addition. Have been watching releases for this feature for months. Don't imagine a simple enable/disable toggle in the settings menu would be that hard to add.

lysa said...

Apparently the touch pad can be disabled because after the update my touch pad and keyboard are not working.

This is a serious problem.I hope there a fix.

Richard Mallender said...

Just took what I assume was this update for my Samsung Chromebox and the mouse is now rendered so unresponsive as to be useless, only updating the pointer position ones every few seconds.
Urgent fix needed.

Erika said...

My Samsung Chromebook just updated itself. The pointer got very slow. 50% of my changes in the last 3 weeks disappeared... I have apps and extensions available again which were deleted weeks ago, the newly installed ones are missing...
I was struggling so hard to get myself up to speed with my Chromebook and with this update all my work is gone... very unhappy and disappointed.

Jacqui Wiskar said...

My HP Pavilion is having SO MANY issues with Chrome. This was always my go to browser but now, auto updates don't seem to happen, nothing seems to acknowledge the Flash Player that Chrome says is auto updated and often I use websites and bits of the pages are missing. This is especially annoying when I use my e-books for school and I can't read it because the majority of the page will not display. Not happy with Chrome any more :(

Shahar Levy said...

Why is the update not showing on my HP Chromebook 14?