Thursday, May 22, 2014

Beta Channel Update



The Chrome Team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 36 to the beta channel with 36.0.1985.18 for Windows, Mac and Linux.

This release contains many stability and developer improvements including:
  • New Chrome app launcher for Linux 
  • A number of new apps/extension APIs 
  • Lots of under the hood changes for stability and performance
Lots of under the hood changes for stability and performance.  Find out more at the Chromium blog. A full list of changes in this build is available in the SVN log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Matthew Yuan
Google Chrome

7 comments:

Sterling said...

Congrats on Chrome 36!

Now, please update the Bookmarks tab. Unless it's going to be updated once Google Stars drops ;-)

Piotr Żółtowski said...

Hello.

In Chromium and Chrome there's a bug with secure pages which can be in-secure. No matter if I have extension set to run or not, the badge from green lock changes to gray with yellow warning. This happens both on all YouTube and Facebook pages.

On Facebook I use Violentmonkey from Opera add-ons with Social Fixer script and on YouTube I use YouTube Center Developer Build script.

Can you fix, that?

Steve1209 said...

Hello All,

When the size is set to anything over 100% my Gmail inbox disappears. I usually have it set to 150%, Hope that gets fixed!

Thinh Tran said...

I cannot bookmark a page using the star button on the web address. When I click it, the Google Dictionary extension pop-ups and prevents me from bookmarking pages. This happens after Chrome updated to 36. Whether it the browser or the extension, they're all by Google. Please fix soon.

Chris Van Patten said...

And you removed the flag for disabling the notification icon in the menu bar. I hope that's only a temporary change... I don't need even more notifications in my life.

Kade Medina said...

Love the update! More stable than chrome 35 and a lot faster! But I would really like to see the old new tab page added back on again. Without this,its become an inconvenience for me!

Brainstorm said...

As Chris mentioned above, "you removed the flag for disabling the notification icon in the menu bar."

I have spent the past 20 minutes trying to get rid of the icon. As far as I can tell, there is no longer anything in chrome://flags that controls it.

Quitting Chrome. Opening Safari.