Thursday, June 20, 2013

Beta Channel Update for Chrome OS

The Beta channel has been updated to 28.0.1500.53 (Platform version: 4100.48.0 for most platforms, 4100.49.0 for Lenovo Thinkpadfor all Chrome OS devices. This build contains a number of bug fixes, security updates and feature enhancements.

Some highlights of these changes are:
  • Pepper Flash updated to 11.8.800.68-r5
  • File app fixes/improvements
  • Stability fixes
Security fixes:
  • [249335] Medium CVE-2013-2866: Clickjacking in the Flash plug-in.
Known issues:
  • Video frames may get delayed when playing videos in normal mode. Workaround: Play videos in Full screen
If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our help site or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue...’ in the Chrome menu (3 horizontal bars in the upper right corner of the browser).

Josafat Garcia
Google Chrome

2 comments:

Chris Whittleston said...

Getting constant crashes with the Hangouts plugin for the latest Beta release on Samsung Chromebook. Is this related to the recent fix for the Dev channel?

Christina said...

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but my audio is way different after updating. I originally had Stable 26, after updating to Stable 27 and Beta 28, and playing around with the different channels, it's still not the same. Now, I tried Dev, and it has the same sound that Stable 26 had. This new audio has no bass to it, it's just awful in my opinion. I've tried next to everything, even to USB restoring to try and keep Stable 26, but it inevitably updates to Stable 27. I don't know what kind of changes were implemented, but I hate them. It's hard to explain, but it sounds like my music is coming from a tin can. I should mention this is with headphones!