The Stable channel has been updated to 20.0.1322.54 (Platform version: 2268.105.0) for Chromebooks (Acer AC700, Samsung Series 5, Samsung Chromebook Series 5 550, and Samsung Chromebox Series 3, and Cr-48). Machines will be receiving updates to this version over the next several days.
This build contains a number of new features, as well as security & stability improvements.
Some highlights of these changes are:
- Support for Google Drive
- Offline support of Google Docs
- Firmware update for Chromebook Series 5 550. Note: A screen with Chrome Logo and a critical update notification will show after update restarts. It will reboot by itself after firmware update completes.
- Updates to Pepper Flash
- Introduced redesigned UI to Cr-48 systems
- Switched to open source touchpad driver on Cr-48 systems
- Crash fixes
- 32327 - On Samsung Chromebook Series 5 550, the system may suspend while playing streaming audio.
- 32420 - There are rare reports of machines where an owner would be required to login to a device before any other user can login. Workaround: If possible, login to the machine as owner. If the owner is unable to login, login to the machine as Guest, and follow the instructions here to download a recovery image and install it on the Chromebook. If you encounter this, please contact our Ninja support group.
If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our help site or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue’ under the wrench menu.