The Chrome Stable channel has been updated to 17.0.963.65 on Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome Frame. This release fixes a number of issues including:
- Cursors and backgrounds sometimes do not load (bug 111218)
- Plugins not loading on some pages (bug 108228)
- Text paste includes trailing spaces (bug 106551)
- Websites using touch controls break (bug 110332)
Security fixes and rewards:
Firstly, we have some special rewards for some special bugs!
- [$10,000]  Rockstar CVE-1337-d00d1: Excessive WebKit fuzzing. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$10,000]  Legend CVE-1337-d00d2: Awesome variety of fuzz targets. Credit to Aki Helin of OUSPG.
- [$10,000]  Superhero CVE-1337-d00d3: Significant pain inflicted upon SVG. Credit to Arthur Gerkis.
We have always reserved the right to arbitrarily reward sustained, extraordinary contributions. In this instance, we’re dropping a surprise bonus. We reserve the right to do so again and reserve the right to do so on a more regular basis! Chrome has a leading reputation for security and it wouldn’t be possible without the aggressive bug hunting of the wider community.
Please see the Chromium security page for more detail. Note that the referenced bugs may be kept private until a majority of our users are up to date with the fix.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3031: Use-after-free in v8 element wrapper. Credit to Chamal de Silva.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3032: Use-after-free in SVG value handling. Credit to Arthur Gerkis.
- [$2000]   High CVE-2011-3033: Buffer overflow in the Skia drawing library. Credit to Aki Helin of OUSPG.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3034: Use-after-free in SVG document handling. Credit to Arthur Gerkis.
- [$2000]  High CVE-2011-3035: Use-after-free in SVG use handling. Credit to Arthur Gerkis.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3036: Bad cast in line box handling. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$3000]    High CVE-2011-3037: Bad casts in anonymous block splitting. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3038: Use-after-free in multi-column handling. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3039: Use-after-free in quote handling. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$500]  Medium CVE-2011-3040: Out-of-bounds read in text handling. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3041: Use-after-free in class attribute handling. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3042: Use-after-free in table section handling. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3043: Use-after-free in flexbox with floats. Credit to miaubiz.
- [$1000]  High CVE-2011-3044: Use-after-free with SVG animation elements. Credit to Arthur Gerkis.
More detailed updates are available on the Chrome Blog. Full details about what changes are in this release are available in the SVN revision log. Interested in hopping on the stable channel? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.