Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beta Channel Update for Chromebooks


The Beta channel has been updated to 18.0.1025.39 (Platform versions: 1660.44.0) for Chromebooks (Acer AC700, Samsung Series 5, and Cr-48).

This build contains a number of stability and performance improvements. Some highlights of these changes are:
  • 23036 - Caps lock is now triggered via the Shift + Search key combination (instead of the double Shift key combination).
  • 20187 - Fix to reduce machine login time
  • Two finger click when resting/hovering thumb present fixed (users would see 3 finger clicks instead); Faulty 3 finger click turned off to correct this issue.
  • 25133 - Fix to keyboard tab focus moving too far on login screen.
  • 26201 - Fix to brightness filter in Chrome OS Photo Editor
Known issues:

  • 26278 - Modal dialogs not always rendered properly.
If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our help site or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue’ under the wrench menu.

Danielle Drew
Google Chrome

11 comments:

W.G. said...

No three finger middle-click? ಠ_ಠ

Rob Lazzurs said...

I get a 403 error when trying to view bug 12735 on the triple click issue. Given I use paste in the terminal a lot this is a big issue for me. Being able to see the explanation would make this change easier to understand.

Josh Hammer said...

I was really into the 3-finger click.....and right when I was getting used to browsing with it you take it away.....</3.

Bring it back.

cg said...

The removal of 3 finger clicking is really a surprising functionality removal. What advantage is there to removing it? Can't there at least be an option to turn it on like tap-to-click?

DA said...

Thanks so much for the constant updates. I have noticed insane performance improvements over the last few versions. Thanks again, El Goog.

Yatin Kumar said...

its very informative content!
continue your good job...

SEO Company India

h+ said...

yea, they really need to make 3-finger clicking an option because i find it a crucial factor in a fast browsing environment.

kyler klein said...

while it is nice that my touchpad no longer locks completely after 5 minutes ever since the previous update, the lack of triple click copy/paste in ssh after this last update makes this chromebook useless to me...

techlink said...

My Acer AC700-1099 Chromebook fan now races very high...at least once everytime I use my Chromebook. Sometimes it will eventually correct the fan speed; however, this morning it just ran super-fast without correcting itself. After a while I turned my Chromebook off, and restarted which corrected the problem. This all started after the .32/.39 updates.

techlink said...

Per my previous blog posting - my fan is continuing to race on my Acer Chromebook. This is beginning to become a major pain...as I have to restart my computer every time this happens. It is evident that either a firmware or OS software update is warranted to correct this issue. Sooner better than later would be good. Thanks.

Gaston Baladi said...

I do not know why but whenever I open a website with flash content it just freezes... and then crash "It's dead Jim!" any fixes? I am new with Chromebook and I am starting to think going beta channel is a bad bad idea. I just need it now to work and do the things I want it to do.
By the way, I am falling in love with the Chromebook.