Google Chrome 5.0.375.55 has been released to the Stable channel for Linux, Mac and Windows.
For more details about the new features in the release, over our previous stable release 4.1, please see the Official Google Chrome blog.
Please see the Chromium security page for more detail. Note that the referenced bugs may be kept private until a majority of our users are up to date with the fix.
-  Medium Canonicalize URLs closer to the Safe Browsing specification. Credit to Brett Wilson of the Chromium development community.
-  High Possible URL bar spoofing via unload event handlers. Credit to Michal Zalewski, Google Security Team.
-  Medium Memory error in Safe Browsing interaction. Credit to Google Chrome Security Team (SkyLined).
-  Medium Bypass of whitelist-mode plugin blocker. Credit to Darin Fisher of the Chromium development community.
-  Medium Memory error with drag + drop. Credit to kuzzcc.
Also, we would like to extend our thanks to the following people who helped find bugs so we could fix them before they ever affected the stable channel: Robert Swiecki; Google Security Team, Alexey Proskuryakov; Apple, Florian Rienhardt; BSI, and Ben Davis.